KNUST 2014/2015 ADMISSIONS OPEN.
Undergraduate Admissions Information for Undergraduate Applicants (Advanced Level/ Mature/ABCE/GBCE/ IB and WASSCE/ SSSCE Candidates) It is announced for the information of prospective Applicants (as specified above) and the general public that Application Forms for Admission t o Degree/Diploma/Top-Up Programmes of Study at the University for the 2014/2015 Academic Year are now on sale.
The Sale of Admission Forms is open to the following Applicants: candidates who have Examination results as of the time of application.
Candidates Awaiting Results, Do Not Qualify to apply. WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits ( A1-C6/ A-D Respectively ) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits ( A1-C6 ) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study.
GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE (GBCE) Holders who possess passes in Three compulsory Subjects including English Language and passes in any Three Elective Subjects including Business Mathematics.
ADVANCED LEVEL Holders with credits in at least Five (5) subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics, plus at least two passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level obtained not more than Three (3) years ago OR ADVANCED BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE) Holders with passes in Three compulsory Subjects plus Three optional subjects relevant to the programme of study,
Applicants with Stage I of ACCA, ICA, Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with credits at WASSCE/SSSCE in Three (3) Core Subjects and Three (3) Elective Subjects or credits at GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics.
MATURE STUDENTS who have attained the age of 25 years or above at the time of application and have credits in Five (5) GCE ‘O Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics , in addition to passing an Entrance Examination and /or Interview.
WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/ A-D Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an aggregate score of 24 or better in the relevant area of study. OR HND Holders with Three (3) years relevant working experience in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirement at WASSCE/ SSSCE or Five (5) GCE O’ Level credits including English Language and Mathematics.
FOREIGN APPLICANTS ( online application only ) and all others who have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognised institution.
POINTS OF SALE:
All Ghana Post Regional and Designated Post Offices Cost of application form A set of Application Forms, comprising copies of Admission Requirements for the various Programmes of Study, Guidelines for the Completion of Application Forms, Prepaid EMS Envelopes and Forms costs GH¢150.00 (one hundred and fifty Ghana Cedis, non-refundable).
Applicants are required to purchase and submit one set of application forms Only. Any applicant who submits more than one set of forms shall be disqualified.
Foreign Applicants Processing Fee - $150; Online Application ONLY , (Follow the instructions at our website, please) All Completed Application Forms should be submitted by Post (EMS/DHL) to the Deputy Registrar (Academic Affairs) KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana on or before Friday, April 11, 2014 .
CONTACT: +233 (0) 3220 61831/60444
Application Forms submitted by HAND/Delivery shall not be PROCESSED.
Any application form that is not fully and or properly completed (hard copy and online ) at the time of submission shall not be processed and/or considered.
A Fee-Paying Facility is available to Applicants who do not meet the Competitive Departmental/Faculty Requirements and Cut-Off Points but satisfy the Minimum Entry Requirements of Aggregate 24 or better. Applicants who wish to take advantage of this facility should indicate this online.
1. Only results and/or documents provided by applicants at the time of submission of applications shall be considered.
2. Applicants shall include in their application forms photocopies of their results slips and/or certificates as well as certified true copy of birth certificate.
3. An applicant’s failure to input grades and/ or other relevant information properly on the forms/online shall deny the applicant admission to a programme of study at the university
4. Mandatory requirement: all applicants are required to visit the university’s admissions website ( http:// admissions.knust.edu.gh ) to complete their application process online. Candidates are to use the application number provided on purchase of the forms for this purpose. Failure to do so renders the application invalid.
5. Admissions to all programmes of study at the university are transparently administered by the central undergraduate admissions committee without any other considerations and/ or solicitations.
Any applicant who makes any form of solicitation to any person or group of persons for the purpose of influencing and/or gaining admission into the university does so at his/her own risk.
- KNUST Implements Problem Based Learning
- KNUST organises 9th R.P Baffour Memorial Lectures
- 1st NMR Structure verification and elucidation Training workshop at KNUST
- UCC School of Medical Science Produces Third Batch Of Medical Doctors
- Catholic University Introduces 2015/2016 Academic Year New Programmes